Skip to main content

A letter to Kathmandu post for mentioning me in Belbase corruption scam


I sent this letter to the editor of Kathmandu post, which tkp did not publish .So I am putting it in my blog.  

To
The  editor
Kathmandu Post

My attention has been drawn to the news published in today's Kathmandu post regarding Labor Minister Kumar Belbase's tape scandal in relation to registration of new man power companies. The way I have been mentioned in the news, is highly objectionable and I   have taken very serious note of that. Kathmandu post's wrong reporting in the past has done very serious damage to me and it has attempted to damage me  again by mentioning me for my alleged role  in corruption after seven months of my removal from the cabinet.


However, the story of KTP about me has changed this time. Earlier it spread the message that I took bribe from many foreign employment manpower companies and now it has a different story to sell to people. It merely talks of my alleged role in giving license to only one company. Kathmandu post, in my view is working as an organ of the PMO and Foreign Employment Department and there are vested interests involved. Though it has mentioned my name again but has not been able  to provide any specific evidence or information about my involvement in corruption. KTP is doing all this  to guard a care taker Prime Minister who has not been able to justify his act in public or in parliament  regarding my removal from his cabinet. There are many agencies where people and even government agencies  can go and complain about any  wrong decisions and act of mine. But Kathmandu post is working as a rumour monger and is busy in the business of propaganda and heresy to slander me. Is it not ironical that the newspaper, after seven months of my removal  is still talking of my alleged involvement in corruption! So Kathmandu post, in my case, is a glaring example of unethical, immoral and irresponsible journalism.

Till today, no one, including the caretaker Prime minister has informed me about the reason of  my removal from the Minister's position. But I know very well that I was removed because I was firm about taking action against corrupt officials of Foreign employment department and was determined to  push reforms ahead in a ministry which has been taken by powerful people as the Birta Ministry to exploit the vulnerable and the voiceless people. 
So I strongly demand that Editor of Kathmandu post apologies publicly for slandering me again in the most irresponsible manner. I also demand that this letter be published  without any editing.


Sarita Giri
Former Minister of Labor and Transport Management.
October 20,2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What triggered the rage?

Some days ago I posted a tweet saying that the national unity can be strengthened in the country by sharing the symbols of dress and language of two different and distinct peoples as the official symbols of Nationalism. What happened immediately after that was surprising as well as shocking. There was a kind of flash flood of tweets directed to me and submerging me. I was getting breathless as I was trying to read each and every one of them. But before I could finish one, another one was there. Huge number of tweets in replies  coming like shells of bomb with super speed was not some thing natural, and as someone tweeted afterwards that nearly 300 tweets per minute were coming to me.They were hurting me and making my soul bleed in pain. I then     realized what  the rage of racism and hatred could be like and how powerful the hidden rage can be when it explodes all of a sudden like a volcano . I also realized that how disastrous the impacts   could be upon a supposedly vulnerabl

राष्ट्रपतिको दायित्वः पुनर्निर्माण वा विनिर्माण

राष्ट्रपतिको दायित्वः  पुनर्निर्माण वा विनिर्माण ( राजाले आर्जेको मुलुकमा एक जना समान्य नागरिक राष्ट्रपति भयी राष्टप्रमुख बनेका छन।अहिले राष्ट्रपतिज्यूले हतारमा उठाएको आफ्नो कदमले गर्दा अपठ्यारोमा परी सक्नु भएको छ । वहाँ त्यस बाट आफू कसरी निस्कनु हुन्छ वा देशलाई निकास दिनका लागि कसरी अगाडी बढनु हुन्छ ? सर्वाधिक महत्वको विषय हुन पुगेकोछ । वहाँको कदमले प्रमाणित गर्नेछ, वहाँँ राजा जस्तो बन्दी हुनु हुन्छ वा कानूनको अधिनमा रही स्वयं पनि स्वतन्त्र हुनुहुन्छ र सबैको स्वतंत्रता सुरक्षित राख्नुहुन्छ । वहाँको कदमले दर्शाउनेछ कि वहाँ हिजो को नेपाल को विनिर्माण गरी नया नेपालको निर्माणका लागि मार्ग प्रशस्त गर्नु हुनेछ वा हिजोकै नेपालको पुनस्र्थापनामा लाग्नुहनेछ । पुननिर्माणले मुलुक लाई यथास्थितिवाद तिर धकेल्छ भने विनिर्माणले जनताले अपेक्षागरेको नया नेपालको निर्माणको जग बसाल्छ।)  राजाले आर्जेको मुलुकमा एक जना समान्य नागरिक राष्ट्रपति भयी राष्ट्रप्रमुख बनेका छन। विजीतहरुको मुलुक (एयककभककष्यल)लाई सबैको देश (अयगलतचथ) बनाउन्को बीडा राष्ट्रपतिज्यूले थाम्नु भएकोछ र त्यो काम आफूमा स्यानो र सजिलो काम

विदेशमा महिला कामदार- उमेरहदबंदी को अर्थराजनीति

अन्नुपुर्ण पोष्ट २०६९ साउन २९ गते, AUGUST 13, 2012,MOONDAY मा प्रकाशित लेख  खाडी मुलुकमा नेपाली महिलाका लागि रोजगारको पर्याप्त अवसर छ, तर घरेलु कामदारको सुरक्षित र मर्यादित रोजगारका लागि सम्झौता गरी पठाउने व्यवस्था नगरी उनीहरु लाई रोक्नु धेरैका लागि रोचक र लाभदायी अर्थराजनीति हुन सक्दछ।   विदेशमा महिला कामदार-उमेरहदबंदी को अर्थराजनीति   - सरिता गिरी          घरेलु कामदार भई वैदेशिक रोजगारका लागि जान खोज्ने नेपाली महिलाको उमेर हद ३० वर्ष तोक्ने नेपाल सरकारको १० बुँदे निर्णय महिला समानता र स्वतंत्रता को अधिकारमाथि ठाडो आक्रमण हो । माओवादी दल जसले हिजो कम्यूनिष्ट क्रान्ति र महिला उन्मुक्तिको नारा दिई उनीहरुलाई बन्दूक बोकेर सशस्त्र हिसां गर्न सिकायो, सत्तामा गएपश्चात् उसले तिनैमािथ बुर्जुवाबादी, सामन्तवादी र पितृसतावादी नीति कसरी अख्तियार गर्नपर्याे, सरकारको यो निर्णय अन्तिरम संविधान र वैदेशिक रोजगार ऐन २०६४ विपरीत छ । तर कानूनभंदा पनि आदेश र निर्देशनको आधारमा शासन चलाउने परम्पराको जरो नेपालमा गहिरो रहेको छ । दिनै पछि बाँच्नका लागि संघर्ष गरीरहेको समान्य जनता र वैदे